Thursday, November 24, 2016

WN Yarns

I have to tell you about some really nice yarn - dyed in Canada (so those of you Stateside will get a discount because of our dollar) and very easily obtained from Wendy Neuhofer of WN Yarns in Ontario. AND she has a FLASH SALE (33% off!) on orders totalling $50 (CDN) or more on now til 26 Nov 2016 her salute to Black Friday. Just enter HAPPY33 while in the Etsy shop  https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/WNYarns?ref=shop_sugg

I received two skeins of yarn from Wendy some time ago. I have to admit, life got in the way and they didn't get knit as quickly as they should have. :(



I did choose the one on the right hand side and thought it would look great as a pair of socks, however I didn't like them growing up to be socks so I frogged them and chose Frangiflutti. Oh my dawg - what can I say??? What nice yarn!



Just look at the way the colours are so evenly throughout the shawl, equally speckled. Sometimes such pretty yarns are pretty as skeins and the moment you knit them you begin to wonder. The moment I started knitting the shawl, it was love love love!! The colours are perfectly sprinkled throughout the shawl.


The sock yarn (80% merino 20% nylon) has a lovely squishiness and softness to it. I am thrilled with it being a Frangiflutti. It will be going to Hungary as a gift for our host son's grandmother! She will be thrilled I know! I am sad that it is leaving however I do have another skein and I can always get more, I know the dyer...hehehe!

For a new dyer, I am very pleased that she has depth in her colours. In this skein, there are various shades of blue all blended together. Very balanced. Wendy has been dying for just a year and a half. A year and a half and she gives us these colours??? That amazes me! There is a blue in there that looks exactly like ink in a Bic pen that leaked out. I love it! My favourite colour of all time! I have no idea how dying is done. (I took a course but I didn't get it. I am lucky to know that black and white go together and I will always default to blue, so maybe I am not a good one to ask.)




When I looked at her Etsy shop, I was pleasantly surprised to see she has a variety of bases that are used. Merino/nylon, cashmere, alpaca/merino, single ply, bulky, and sparkly too...oh my! Check out all the colours. Such happy vibrant colours! And she includes a really pretty stitch marker with each skein. Just look...


 

I cannot wait to start the next skein - I wonder what it will be? I would love to hear about your adventures with WN Yarns. Make your day beautiful!!






6 comments:

  1. Tried to find her on Etsy but she did not come up.Tried several time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did the link not work?? she is WNYarns no space. Sorry

      Delete
  2. Beautiful yarn and frangiflutti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our adventures started on face time where she watched me dye roving so she could learn to do yarn. She had all the stuff just not a good base. She is a natural. I bought from a few dye sessions from her. She is amazing and sweet to boot. I am so happy you blogged about her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I Agree about the natural part!! Happy your comments match mine - she is one to watch for sure!!!

      Delete